Highlighted
Innovation Leader

Rename a Unit Table?

Is it possible to rename a Unit table? The key conversions only reference individual units, not the table name itself. 

We have a unit table named "<Default>" and the "<>" symbols seem to be causing an issue where the name doesn't show up on the timesheet units - it is blank. So I think the name needs to be changed. 

Any help or guidance?

Thanks!

Innovation Leader

Re: Rename a Unit Table?

Is this in DPS? Units no longer are an info center. 

You'll find them under Settings > Units in the "smart client" (the old app)

Innovation Leader

Re: Rename a Unit Table in DPS?

Thanks - I know where the unit tables are located in the settings in DPS; however, there is no way to rename the unit table that I can see. Please see the attached screenshots showing my problem in the Unit tab on the timesheet. The first blank line is the "<Default>" table and if that line is selected the name then shows up on the timesheet. Users get confused though when the name line is blank. I'd rather not create a new table because then it would need to be changed in hundreds of projects and thousands of phases and tasks. 

Innovation Leader

Re: Rename a Unit Table in DPS?

Oh - I see - can't even change it there. Bizarre. Did you ask Deltek? I'm sorry, can't help you with this one.

I've had to do a few "overhauls" with Deltek for Professional Services. I couldn't update our cost rate tables. I've always used the same one and just added effective dates, but in DPS, it didn't work. Logged a case and it's a bug, so it'll be fixed, eventually. I had to create a new table and do a full on replacement of all the projects. Found a pretty quick way to do it in the Hub if you end up going down this path. 

Open an advanced search in the Project Hub. About 1/2 way down the dialogue there is a Display dropdown. You cna change this to phase (or task) and run broad searches on Active projects (or whatever you need to do). Search, Select All, switch to  list view, change the columns to include the Unit Table (it's in there, I checked). It opens each phase or task as seperate records, even inside the same project. Then you can update massive amounts of records quickly. There is also Search and Replace under Advanced Utilities but I haven't experimented with that one very much.

I decided to step away from Units when we switched to DPS. I've had so many headaches with them. They aren't part of planning, they show up in weird places in reporting. Gawd! Deltek needs to take the Units out behind the barn and shoot them.